Let’s take a look at the top scams that SCLS Lawyers say raise the red flag of caution at this time of year.
- Package Theft
- Gift Card Fraud
- Fake Temporary Holiday Jobs
- Fake Websites
- Fake Freebies
- Fake Charities
- Phishing Emails
KEEP IN MIND OUR TOP TIPS ON HOLIDAY SPENDING
- Online shopping? Pay by credit card.
- Buy gift cards for gifts, not for payments.
- Research charities before you donate.
- Give gifts, not personal information.
- Don’t save your credit card information on retail sites.
- If possible use a third-party payment method.
- Enable purchase alerts on all credit cards and mobile payment apps.
- Disable international purchases on all credit cards.
- Only make purchases from your home or cellular network.