||Deputy Director of Litigation and Training
||Under the policies and procedures established by SCLS, the Deputy Director of Litigation and Training (DDLT) duties include improving SCLS’ capacity to provide quality representation in complex cases by:
- Facilitating and overseeing the legal supervision of the managing attorneys;
- Co-counseling to initiate and defend the legal work of the substantive unit leaders and individual attorneys in novel and appealed cases;
- Consulting with attorneys on substantive, procedural, evidentiary, ethical, and strategic matters in the cases.
The DDLT will share input in
- Recruiting, retaining and evaluation of the managing attorneys and attorneys,
- Identifying and developing necessary litigation trainings,
- Recommending professional development options,
- Setting up community legal education opportunities relating to legal rights and supervising the preparation of materials for these events, and
- Acting as a liaison with local and specialty bars, bar committees, the SC Bar, partnering groups and the SC Board of Directors.
Position requires statewide travel, and some evening and weekend work.
- Admission to the SC Bar
- Minimum of ten years prior civil litigation experience in both federal, state, summary,
and administrative courts
- Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Excellent social media skills and experience, including working in the digital media space
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with diverse teams
- Superb ability to think creatively, generate new ideas and follow through on them
- Strong leadership, relationship building, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated professional demeanor
- Visionary, strategic, creative, and intelligent problem solver
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 2016 and Microsoft Office 365
- Demonstrated competence
|Job Open Date
|Job Close Date
|Applicants interested in applying for this position may submit a
Resume, 2 writing samples and three references with cover letter to:
South Carolina Legal Services, Attn: Human Resources – Deputy Director of Litigation and Training
PO Box 1445, Columbia, SC 29202 or by fax to 803-799-9420.